Tea party groups and fiscal conservatives wasted no time Wednesday in savaging a bipartisan budget agreement negotiated between House Republicans and Senate Democrats, drawing an unusually angry response from House Speaker John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican.
All sides were rating the winners and losers in the deal struck a day earlier between House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, and Senate Budget Committee Chairwoman Patty Murray, Washington Democrat. The modest deficit-cutting deal had some sweeteners for defense contractors and oil drillers, while air travelers, federal workers and some corporate executives would take a hit.
- House Republicans Get Behind Budget Agreement – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement (kansascity.com)
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement (news.yahoo.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Congressional negotiators reach tentative budget deal (foxnews.com)
- Gop Split on Budget Deal… (politico.com)
- House to vote on Murray-Ryan budget; GOP to block vote on emergency unemployment insurance extension (dailykos.com)
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement (thenewstribune.com)
- House Republicans get behind budget agreement (northwestohio.com)
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’ (washingtontimes.com)
- GOP, Obama line up behind modest budget deal (kansascity.com)