“There’s nothing more heartbreaking than walking out on Monday morning to get on a plane to Washington, and having both girls grab my legs and say, ‘Don’t go, Daddy.’ That’s difficult.”
It’s the first time this morning GOP Sen. Ted Cruz’s face drops, as he chats withTownhall during an exclusive interview. Photos of smiling Caroline, 5, and Catherine, 2, flash in the background of his screen saver. His wife, Heidi, and their two daughters remain at the family home in Houston; and Cruz commutes to and from Washington, D.C., each week, leaving Mondays after dropping the girls off at school and typically returning on a Thursday night flight.
There’s a long pause.
“It’s incredibly difficult to be away from Heidi and the girls; but at the same time, they are a big part of why I’m doing this,” Cruz continues. “In 20 years, I don’t want to look my daughters in the eye and say we allowed freedom to slip away in America, and I didn’t do anything to stop it.”
Read more at http://townhall.com/tipsheet/amandamuñoz/2013/12/01/why-ted-cruz-fights-n1755662
- Ted Cruz: Senators Who Caved Should Face Election “Consequences” (capitalisminstitute.org)
- Ted Cruz will appear on ‘The Tonight Show’ (washingtonpost.com)
- How The Internet Sees Ted Cruz (prosebeforehos.com)
- Another day, another Ted Cruz tantrum (dailykos.com)
- Audience laughs at Ted Cruz for saying he “didn’t want a shutdown” (salon.com)
- Ted Cruz’s Dad: I’d Like To See Obama ‘Go Back To Kenya’ (VIDEO) (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Schooling Ted Cruz, Gets Schooled (pjmedia.com)
- Ted Cruz Shows How To Outreach Successfully On His ‘Tonight Show’ Appearance (ijreview.com)
- Here’s The Ted Cruz Commercial Airing Today In Texas During NFL Games (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Ted Cruz explains what’s coming next with Obamacare… (therightscoop.com)