Do you really want the Federal Government
to protect you from your State Government?
Outpost of Freedom
November 19, 2013
“We have Constitutional Rights!” “They have violated the Constitution!” We hear such exclamations on a regular basis. However, have we ever really stopped to consider just what we are saying? Just what we are supporting? Just what we have represented by those exclamations, which are really contrary to our best interest, and the intent of the Framers of the Constitution and government?
Recently, there was a Rally in San Antonio, Texas. The rally was called because a few weeks earlier, some “Second Amendment” advocates had settled down, armed in accordance with Texas law, on the sidewalk in front of a Starbucks coffee shop (Open Carry Texas harassed by SAPD). Subsequently, a Come and Take It – San Antonio Rally was called, with no reference to the Second Amendment, though it did emphasize a phrase from that Amendment, “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”. Such a rally, however, will draw national attention, as it did.
The Rally drifted toward the Second Amendment, as a result of speakers such as Alex Jones, who went so far as to include other cities, around the world, in his desire to protect Second Amendment rights (Gun Owners Defy Tyranny, Defend Constitution at the Alamo).
To me, it was simply amazing that so many people came out in support of a “Federalist” form of government. Yes, that’s right! They came out asking the federal government to intervene in, and take control of, their right to keep and bear arms.
“Well”, you say, “Isn’t that what the Second Amendment is all about?” So, I will answer that question — “Yes”, and, “No”. Yes, if it is the federal government that you are dealing with. However, a distinct and definite “No”, if you are dealing with the state, and subordinate, governments.
Darn, that is tough to grasp! I thought the Bill of Rights was to protect us from government assuming away those rights. Well, yes, it is, but which government are we talking about? The federal, or, the state, government?
Read more at http://www.outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=768
- Texas gun supporters divided on best approach to legalizing open carry (star-telegram.com)
- Congressman Bridenstine Files to Repeal 16th Amendment (iowntheworld.com)
- A Note on the Tenth Amendment (romanceofvictory.wordpress.com)
- “The ‘Bill of Rights’ is not the Constitution,” By Bruce Frohnen (nomocracyinpolitics.com)
- Keep Your Health Plan Act Highlights Federal Shortfalls (grumpyelder.com)
- Federalism Took a Vacation! Are You on Vacation, too? (ramblingsfrometi.wordpress.com)
- Treasonous Republicans Warp the Constitution To Justify Nullifying Federal Laws (politicususa.com)
- Texas A&M Law Professor: Constitution Is Obsolete, Second Amendment Must Be Repealed (rinf.com)