Go Wild Bill. Thank you for standing up for our 2nd Amendment Rights
LONDON — The editor of the Guardian said Tuesday his newspaper has published just 1 percent of the material it received from former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden, and denied the paper had placed lives or national security at risk.
Under questioning by lawmakers on Parliament’s home affairs committee, Alan Rusbridger accused British authorities of trying to intimidate the newspaper, and warned of “national security being used as a trump card” to stifle debate.
READ MORE AT http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/guardian-we-have-published-1-pct-of-snowden-leak/2013/12/03/55d5a4f4-5c31-11e3-8d24-31c016b976b2_story.html
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (azfamily.com)
- Guardian: We Have Published 1 Pct of Snowden Leak – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Only ’1% of Snowden files published’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Guardian editor says paper published just 1 percent of material it received from Snowden (foxnews.com)
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (omaha.com)
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (nzherald.co.nz)
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (sfgate.com)
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (mysanantonio.com)
- Guardian: We have published 1 pct of Snowden leak (thenewstribune.com)
Gun-Control Supporters Say Momentum Quietly Building to Get a Bill Through
WASHINGTON – Congressional gun-control advocates are preparing to take another run at expanding background checks on those looking to purchase firearms.
The legislation pending in the House requires that background checks on gun purchasers be required at gun shows and in similar settings. Currently, only transactions involving federally licensed firearms dealers require a background check.
A Senate bill requiring instant background checks for almost all sales through the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which also prohibited firearms listings on unlicensed websites, fell six votes shy of the 60 needed to break a filibuster in April. But proponents maintain the culture is quickly changing and that support for additional firearms restrictions is growing in both the public and on Capitol Hill.
The Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Protection Act of 2013, a measure sponsored by Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) and Rep. Mike Thompson (D-Calif.), who chairs the House Gun Violence Prevention Task Force, has been sitting idly in the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations since April. But it has 185 co-sponsors, leaving it 33 votes short of a majority in the lower chamber. In addition to expanding background checks, the King-Thompson legislation creates a commission to study and report on the “root causes of these recurring and tragic acts of mass violence.”
Read More at http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-control-supporters-say-momentum-quietly-building-to-get-a-bill-through/
- Gun-Control Supporters Say Momentum Quietly Building to Get a Bill Through (pjmedia.com)
- Black Friday gun sales strong in Colorado (homegrownmedia.info)
- Mayors Against Illegal Guns Makes Thanksgiving Placemats To Promote Gun Control (connecticut.cbslocal.com)
- Florida County wants Dealers to Help Implement Gun Control (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- State Pol Quits Before Recall over Gun Vote (drudge.com)
- Democratic leaders promise to ‘finish the job’ on Universal Background Checks (VIDEO) (guns.com)
- Washington gun groups turn in signatures to prevent universal background checks (guns.com)
- Online gun purchases as easy as Oswald’s mail order (sfgate.com)
- Gun control group ask Staten Island’s Grimm to help close background check loopholes (nyfirearms.com)
- Now is the Time: Step One (guncontrol101.wordpress.com)
I agree with Wild Bill. Obama has not done anything good, and John Boehner is a lap dog for Obama.
The link to the complete list is below. Please watch and let me know what you think. Andrew
- Miley Cyrus Leads GQ Magazine’s “least influential” And “least sexy” List! (itsmyurbantainment.com)
- Obama Makes GQ’s ‘Least Influential’ List: He’s An “Eloquent Hat Stand” (downtrend.com)
- GQ releases 25 least influential people of 2013 list; Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and Barack Obama included (thenewstribe.com)
- Obama Named One Of GQ’s Least Influential People Of 2013 (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Unfortunately, Tim Tebow Makes GQ’s List of 25 Least Influential People (blackchristiannews.com)
- Obama Named to GQ’s “Least Influential People” List (iowntheworld.com)
- Obama Makes GQ’s ‘Least Influential People of 2013′ List: ‘A Very Eloquent Hat Stand’ (newsbusters.org)
- Obama, Cornel West Make GQ’s Least Influential List (theroot.com)
- Obama makes GQ’s least influential celebrity list | New York Post (allhallows.newsvine.com)
- Obama, Cyrus among GQ’s least influential list (news.yahoo.com)
The Obama administration has repeatedly said that the health-insurance-plan cancellations receiving so much attention in the news in recent days will affect only the 5 percent of Americans who purchase insurance on the individual market. The Department of Justice, however, in a brief filed in federal court last month, conceded that the number may be much higher. According to the administration’s numbers, nearly 80 million additional Americans, “a majority” of those on employer-sponsored health plans, may also be out of luck.
“It is projected that more group health plans will transition to the requirements under the regulations as time goes on,” DOJ lawyers wrote in response to court challenge to the law’s requirement that insurance plans provide coverage of contraception. “Defendants have estimated that a majority of group health plans will have lost their grandfather status by the end 2013.”
Read more at http://nationalreview.com/corner/364177/2010-administration-predicted-majority-employer-based-health-plans-would-disappear
- DOJ: Majority Will Lose Employer-Based Healthcare Once Obamacare’s Employer Mandate Kicks In (pjmedia.com)
- Obamacare’s a Massive Fraud – As Insidious As It Gets – Says Prosecutor (independentsentinel.com)
- Obamacare grandfathering rules were written AFTER the law was passed. (floppingaces.net)
- The 5 Percent Lie – Justice Dept Defends HHS In Court Filing Openly Saying 100+ Million Insured Will Lose Group Coverage (theconservativetreehouse.com)
- Justice Dept.: #Obamacare will cost 80 million the coverage they like (grumpyelder.com)
- FACT CHECK: A Sebelius dodge at hearing (bigstory.ap.org)
- In 2010, Administration Predicted ‘Majority’ of Employer-Based Health Plans Would Disappear (nalert.blogspot.com)
- More Fraud and Deception: Obama Replaced His Old Lie With A New 5% Lie (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- No, 93 million Americans will not lose their health plans under Obamacare (xpostfactoid.blogspot.com)
- Politico ObamaCare Analysis Ignores Coming Employer-Market Cancellations (breitbart.com)
A federal judge has refused Attorney General Eric Holder’s request that he be allowed to proceed now with an appeal in a case where the House of Representatives is seeking to enforce subpoenas for documents related to the controversial Operation Fast and Furious gun investigation.
In a ruling Monday afternoon, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said her September 30 ruling rejecting Holder’s request to dismiss the lawsuit was not such a close call that it deserved immediate review from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
“While the Court agrees with defendant’s characterization of the matter as significant, that is not the test,” Jackson wrote in her new four-page decision (posted here). “
Read more at http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/11/judge-wont-allow-holder-appeal-now-in-contempt-case-177796.html
- Judge won’t allow Holder appeal in ‘Fast and Furious’ contempt case… (politico.com)
- Judge Denies Holder Appeal In Fast And Furious Contempt Case (patdollard.com)
- Justice Dept. wants appeal in ‘Fast and Furious’ contempt case against Holder (washingtontimes.com)
- Judge denies DOJ’s appeal bid in Fast and Furious dispute (twitchy.com)
- AG Holder Asks for Appeal in Fast and Furious Case Holding him in Contempt (joemiller.us)
- 30 months prison for former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (bigstory.ap.org)
- Holder Asks Judge For Permission To Appeal Ruling Allowing Congress’s Contempt Lawsuit To Continue (patdollard.com)
- Holder seeks Fast and Furious appeal (politico.com)
- AG Holder asks for appeal in Fast and Furious case holding him in contempt (foxnews.com)
- Holder seeks Fast and Furious appeal (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
What’s this the Supreme Court will not hear challenge of NSA spying on us? Has socialist corruption invaded the Supreme Court?
he Supreme Court on Monday refused to consider a challenge to the National Security Agency’s global sweep of telephone and electronic communications — the first such test case to reach the Court since former NSA analyst Edward Snowdon began releasing publicly a pile of secret papers disclosing details of that surveillance. The Court made no comment as it turned aside an unusual request by an advocacy group, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (docket 13-58).
The EPIC plea was filed directly in the Court, without prior lower court action. The group requested that the Justices direct a judge of the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to vacate an order he issued in April requiring a branch of the telephone giant Verizon to turn over to the government a vast array of data, including sweeps of U.S. telephone calls and Internet exchanges. The Court very rarely grants such a “writ of mandamus or prohibition.”
EPIC had contended that no other court was open to hear a challenge to orders of the FIS Court, so the Supreme Court should consider its case now. The Justice Department had answered that EPIC could attempt to pursue its case in lower courts first, although the government has attempted to thwart review of previous challenges.
Read more at http://www.scotusblog.com/2013/11/nsa-spying-challenge-turned-aside/
- NSA spying challenge turned aside (scotusblog.com)
- Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Case Challenging NSA Surveillance (npr.org)
- Breaking News,Supreme Court will not hear challenge to NSA’s global sweep of telephone, electronic communications (2012zt.wordpress.com)
- Supreme Court rejects plea to look at NSA program (cbsnews.com)
- Supreme Court Declines Challenge to NSA on Verizon Records, for Now (abcnews.go.com)
- Court allows NSA to continue looking at telephone records for now (cnn.com)
- Supreme Court Declines to Stop NSA Surveillance (swampland.time.com)
- Supreme Court rejects plea to look at NSA program (fresnobee.com)
- Supreme Court blocks challenge to NSA phone tracking (priceofliberty.tumblr.com)
You Tube Notes
Mikey says we should all be killed because of how slaves were treated…Bill educates him.
This is appalling from Eric Holder. Encouraging anyone not to cooperate with terrorist investigations. Please watch and let me know what you think.
- Eric Holder on the ‘Homeland’ set (politico.com)