Dear Senator Cruz:
Thank you for the courage in standing up to the Washington Establishment!!
This article is so on point about the problems with the budget deal. There are so many good quotes, I could not pick just one for a lead. Please read and let me know what you think. Andrew
Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz is blasting the bipartisan budget deal that passed the Senate this week, saying the deal “went backwards” and would only worsen the nation’s spiraling debt.
The budget compromise that had been championed by GOP Rep. Paul Ryan in the House passed the Senate by a 63 to 36 vote.
Speaking in an exclusive Newsmax Magazine interview, Cruz said Friday: “It’s a sad statement that the easiest way to get bipartisan agreement in Washington is to increase spending, debt, and taxes.
“That’s why the American people are so frustrated with career politicians in Washington in both parties, because they’re not listening to the American people and they’re not working to solve the enormous fiscal and economic challenges that we’re facing,” he added.
The deal on the budget reduces the impact of the automatic sequester cuts by about $63 billion over two years. Its includes a controversial 1 percent cut in cost-of-living pension adjustments to some military retirees that Cruz opposes, and only cuts $23 billion from spending over the next decade.
Critics have pointed out the $23 billion over 10 years is only about 3 percent of the federal government’s $680 billion deficit for 2013 alone.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/ted-cruz-budget-deal/2013/12/20/id/543133#ixzz2o7Z16fOL
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
- Cruz opposes budget deal (politico.com)
- Budget bill prospects brighten in Senate (kcci.com)
- Senate expected to pass budget bill, narrowly (kcci.com)
- Ted Cruz: Pass Small Budgets to Fund Needed Services (politicalcrazyness.tumblr.com)
- With nays from Cruz and Cornyn, Senate votes to reopen government (trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com)
- Shutdown looming: Weekend showdown at the Capitol (bigstory.ap.org)
- Harry Reid Unloads on Ted Cruz: ‘He’s a Laughingstock’ (theblaze.com)
- Budget deal appears to have enough GOP support to clear Senate – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Senate poised to pass budget as early as today (yakimaherald.com)
- Cruz: Harry Reid Unwilling to Compromise Over Obamacare (politicalcrazyness.tumblr.com)