Please pray for the people of the northern Part of the UAE. Having lived in Las Vegas, heavy rain in the desert can make for very dangerous driving. Desert Ground is hard and does not absorb water. Included is an article from Gulf News.com
Traffic during Heavy rain early morning at Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd in Dubai
Sharjah/Ajman/Fujairah: Police in the northern emirates urged motorists to exercise caution as more rain is predicted, which might cause slippery roads and poor visibility. The police have also launched a public awareness campaign via Twitter, Facebook and BlackBerry aimed at improving safety.
A man was seriously injured in Fujairah on Monday at around 1.30pm after his car skidded on the wet road and overturned several times.
Lieutenant Mohammad Al Dhufairi of Fujairah media and public relations department of Fujairah Police, said the Emirati man was speeding on the Masafi-Dafta road. He was taken to Fujairah Hospital for treatment.
He told Gulf News the police had put a plan in place to avoid any flood-related loss or damage. A warning was issued to residents to avoid the sea due to bad weather conditions and not to use mobile phones in open places for safety, while it rains.
Read more at Gulf News.com
- Heavy rains force closure of Dubai Airshow, UAE schools (dailystar.com.lb)
- Temperature drops to wintry levels across the UAE (gulfnews.com)
- Heavy rain to hit UAE on Wednesday (gulfnews.com)
- UAE Red Crescent receives $40,000 in aid (vancouverdesi.com)
- Rain expected in some parts on Monday (gulfnews.com)
- The majority of UAE residents are failing to save for their retirement, reports Zurich (hispanicbusiness.com)
- UAE stormy weather update: Stay away from sea, wadis… expect strong winds (alrasub.com)
- UAE ministries to remain closed Jan 1 (vancouverdesi.com)