Dear Speaker Boehner,
No conference on Immigration Reform. We as conservatives, and the Tea Party will NOT STAND FOR IT!!!!
Please read and get involved.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) believes Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) will negotiate on comprehensive immigration reform next year, despite his declarations to the contrary.
The Democratic leader argued that Boehner has a new willingness to confront Tea Party groups and this, in turn, gives Reid confidence that he will not have to break up the Senate immigration bill to negotiate a series of piecemeal reforms with the House.
I think that John Boehner will conference with the Senate. Why wouldn’t he? He’ll have a lot of pressure from his members now that the election is getting closer,” Reid said in an interview with The Hill.
“Some of his members are in very marginal districts where they need to do something on immigration,” he added.
Boehner has vowed he will not let the Senate bill, which spans more than 1,200 pages, reach the negotiating table. The most controversial element of the package is a provision granting a pathway to citizenship for millions of illegal immigrants.
“We have no intention of ever going to conference on the Senate bill,” Boehner told reporters last month.
A spokesman for Boehner said his boss is sticking to his strategy.
“The Speaker has been very clear that the House will only address immigration reform in a step-by-step common-sense manner,” said Boehner spokesman Michael Steel.
Read more at The Hill
- Reid: Boehner Will Cave On Amnesty Next Year (patdollard.com)
- ‘Boehner will cave in on immigration’ (therebel.org)
- Reid: Boehner will compromise on immigration reform (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Harry Reid Eviscerates John Boehner, ‘Nobody knows what he’s talking about.’ (theleagueofaggressiveprogressives.wordpress.com)
- Reid ‘stunned’ by Boehner on immigration (thehill.com)
- Congress On Break While Immigrants Await Boehner’s Decision (areyouhungup.wordpress.com)
- Harry Reid Eviscerates John Boehner, ‘Nobody knows what he’s talking about.’ (kstreet607.com)
- Boehner rejects conference committee with Senate’s immigration bill (mexicoinstitute.wordpress.com)
- Reid Predicts Boehner Will ‘Cave In’ on Immigration Reform (abcnews.go.com)
- Boehner Draws Hard Line on Immigration Reform (politicalwire.com)